Monday, June 1, 2009

I've Been Reading Again

Run for Your Life
by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge

Certainly not the best Patterson book I've read. Still I enjoyed it.
I liked the characters or most of them at least. I even found a little
sympathy for the villian. It is pretty simple. Big, good looking guy
is pushed over the edge and decides to teach as many as possible a lesson by
killing as many as possible. Michael Bennet, NYCPD detective, has to stop
the killer while dealing with his own grief as a relatively new widow and single
parent with a housefull of kids. Killer decides at last minute to kill
Michael. Wonder how it ends?

The 6th Target
by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

Another of the women's murder club stories. I like them.
Lindsay has to solve a string of children kidnappings while breaking in a new
partner and dealing with other stuff including her romance with Joe. She
does in case anyone might wonder.

7th Heaven
by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro


Yet another women's murder club story. I liked this one better I think
that 6th Target but then again I read it most recently. Everyone of the
club gets into the act in this one except the reporter I guess. I thought
it was enjoyable. Several stories all happening at the same time.

Wicked Prey
by John Sandford

A team of thieves puts together a pretty decent plan to pull several high dollar
robberies in the midst of the Republican convention in Minneapolis - St.
Paul. Lucas has his hands full trying to figure it out and stop them. I really like Lucas Davenport and friends -- just very cool characters.

One interesting thing about this one is that the Kindle version originally was nearly the same price as the hardcover book. Because of that I joined a boycott which is rather more political than I really am.

But when the price declined to $9.99 I bought it for my Kindle.


True Detectives, A Novel
by Jonathan Kellerman
This one really dealt with two new characters although my old favorites, Alex
Delaware and Milo Sturgis, do show up. The pace was a little slow at
first and for a while I didn't think I was going to like the characters
much. But by the end I had decided I would read more about these 2
brothers. Not exactly up to Kellerman's normal book I think.

5 comments:

susie mccoll said...

man - you are definitely in full-blown "reading mode"...... I am jealous! I am in full-blown "kid mode" - with the end of school (last week) and all of the activities that go along with that (parties, graduations, field days, etc.), Macy's birthday, and crazy baseball schedules, I have had no time to read. Except my morning devotions - reading Psalms and Ecclesiastes - and using the NIV and the Message and your commentary! Lots of books!

Lori1955 said...

Well you have certainly been busy. I never figured you for the murder mystery type. :)

rilera said...

I have been reading "Twilight" on my iPhone kindle. I never thought I would like reading on an electronic device but it's nice.

Unknown said...

Robyn,

I can't believe how good the iPhone Kindle is. Yesterday I was without my Kindle for a while and used the iPhone Kindle app again. Amazingly good.

Never dreamed I would like it so much.

nancy said...

as i've noted before you and i have very similar reading tastes. i too liked 7th heaven better than the 6th target. haven't read the kellerman or sandford book yet.