Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Priorities and Values

Matthew 16-20 (The Message)

Jesus replied, "You, too? Are you being willfully stupid? Don't you know that anything that is swallowed works its way through the intestines and is finally defecated? But what comes out of the mouth gets its start in the heart. It's from the heart that we vomit up evil arguments, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, lies, and cussing. That's what pollutes. Eating or not eating certain foods, washing or not washing your hands—that's neither here nor there."

I have finished Hezekiah and Malachi in my daily Bible reading.

I am reminded of just how important is freedom to worship.

I fear that many of our time do not recognize the importance and it is a freedom that may be lost.

2 comments:

susie mccoll said...

I agree. I love this verse in Jeremiah 15:16 - "Your Words were found and I ate them, and Your Words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart.." The more we read and know God's Word, the more it will spill out of our hearts.....thru words, actions, etc.

Lori1955 said...

This is a verse that I'm reminded of constantly. I'm afraid that too often, I have trouble controlling my tongue.